The PIOJ Consulting Services markets the expertise of the Institute to organizations primarily in Jamaica and the Caribbean.
- Private sector companies
- Public sector agencies
- Non-government organizations/Civil society
- Regional Governments
To provide the highest quality of innovative consulting services aimed at exceeding the requirements of our clients.
CONSULTING SERVICES OFFERED
Fore-sighting and forecasting models, based on economic, sociological and demographic research, for medium to long-term planning.
Economic research to determine the impact on a sector or company of:
- Government policies, programmes and projects,
- regional and international developments;
Research on socio-economic and demographic data to:
- determine potential business locations,
- identify major trends for marketing,
- provide analysis for other planning;
National and localised surveys of households, business establishments, schools etc. (in collaboration with STATIN).
- Project preparation
- Project evaluation
- Feasibility studies
- Business proposals
Workshops and seminars
Workshops and seminars on important national, regional and international issues, to identify opportunities and threats.
- sustainable development
- CARICOM Single Market & Economy (CSME)
- World Trade Organisation
Information searches can be done for clients in the extensive PIOJ library database and on the internet. Bibliographies can be developed on any topic, for example, new technology, suppliers, local and export market information.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping
- Data entry and data processing services
- Other information needs as required